A recent study by an independent HR advisory firm revealed that employers consider voluntary benefits to be very important to attracting and retaining the best talent. When your company offers voluntary benefits, your employees are likely to be happier and more motivated, saving you money over the long-term.
What are voluntary benefits?
They are value-added benefits you can provide your employees that make it easier for them to stay healthy, recover from serious illness or injury, cover unexpected medical bills, seek legal assistance, and keep their finances in order. Here are just a few of the voluntary benefits your business can offer:
- Dental insurance
- Vision care insurance
- Hospital indemnity insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Critical illness coverage
- Long-term care coverage
- Life insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Pre-paid legal services
- Accounting & financial services
- Wellness program
- Discount programs on gym memberships, electronics purchases and travel
- Student loan reimbursement
- and more
Your business can also offer your employees discounted rates for auto and homeowners insurance, and even pet insurance as an incentive. For employees who travel frequently, consider travel insurance and international medical insurance.