As long as computers are essential to enterprise, cyber crimes are a risk for all businesses. Cyber crimes can include phishing, malware and ransomware, data breaches, and website hacking, and they can cause business interruptions and even compromise your customers’ sensitive data. Unfortunately, many businesses are vulnerable to these attacks simply because cyber crimes are so sophisticated, and general liability insurance doesn’t cover losses from cyber crimes.
Cyber insurance can protect your business from these costs:
- Fines & penalties
- Investigation costs
- Public relations expenses
- …and more
Hackers rely on businesses and individuals who assume their data won’t be stolen or hacked. Don’t leave yourself unprotected – take these precautions to prevent an attack:
- Regularly back up important data on a computer that’s not connected to the Internet
- Don’t give out sensitive data like social security numbers, credit card numbers, or bank accounts to callers
- Don’t click on web links unless you know they’re from trusted sources
- Don’t leave devices unattended in public places
Cyber insurance is more affordable than you might think, especially when you consider the high costs of a security breach. Kelly Miller Insurance Associates can offer you the right policy to protect your business from cyber crimes.